On September 7, 1952,with the guidance of Rev. Fr. Whyte and the approval of the Manager of the School, His grace, the Archbishop Dr. Louis Mathias, the Alumni Association of St. Mary’s was established.

In June 1960, Rev Bro Zachary,sdb,was appointed as Administrator. In 1962, a third floor was built over the old school building to house the laboratory and demonstration room.

On August 1 ,1970, Rev Fr. G.P. Whyte celebrated a silver jubilee double-25 years of service in the vineyard of the Lord, and 25 years of service in the School. In 1972, Fr. G.P. Whyte left for his home land, Ireland and Rev. Fr. John Peter,sdb, took his place.

In June 1974, Rev Fr. John Peter St. Mary’s and proceeded to Rome for higher studies Rev. Fr. Ittyachen Majil, sdb, assumed charge as Principal and Correspondent. In may 1977, Fr. Ittyachen was transferred, and Rev. Fr. C.A. Bout a former pupil of St. Mary’s took over as Principal and Correspondent. In 1977, Mr. M. Emmanuel voluntarily retired and Mr. L.D’Cruz was appointed as Head master in his place.In 1978, His Grace, Dr.R. Arulappa,the owner and the Manager of St. Mary’s transferred the management of St. Mary’s to the Salesian Congregation. The same year Mr. L. D’Cruz left St. Mary’s for a posting in another school.

Always a step ahead

In 1978, Fr. C.A. Bout took over as the Administrator, and Rev.Fr.V.V. George, sdb, assumed charge as Principal and Head master. The year also marked 50 years of fruitful service put in by the Salesians of Don Bosco, and it was in the same year that the P.T.S.A. was started. In 1979, Rev. Fr.V.V George introduced the Higher Secondary Course (+2) in the school. In 1985, Rev Fr. P.J.Sabestian, sdb, assumed charge as Principal and Headmaster. The same year the Archchibishop of Madras-Mylapore handed over to the Salesians of Don Bosco, the school and Co-Cathedral in perpetuity. In 1986, Fr K.C. Francis, sdb, was appointed Principal of the school and Mr. D. Paul raj, the Headmaster. Mr. D. Paul raj retired from service in 1987. Rev Fr. Raphael John, sdb was appointed Principal and Headmaster of the school in 1991. In 1996, Rev. Fr. Joseph Fernandez, sdb was appointed Headmaster of the school. Under his initiative, a new computer lab was established; the school library was shifted to the new block and remodeled to modern standard and a state-of-art audio visual hall was set up. Rev Fr.K.J. Antony, sdb, who took as Headmaster from June, 2002, was instrumental in nurturing the growth of this Alumni.

In 2009, Rev. Fr. Sibi Mathews took over as the Headmaster of this institution and established a digital library in the school premisis.

Today, St. Mary’s and St. Paul’s have a total strength of 1600 students and 60 staff members. Together with the Management, they combine a complementary work force with a vibrant work culture. The school continues to forge ahead from strength, keeping the Flag of St. Mary’s flying ever higher and higher.